11053 Oxford Rd
Harrison, OH 45030
Join us at the UC Center for Field Studies in the heart of the Miami Whitewater forest for Science Day! Enjoy a family friendly day of activities to learn about the environment and sustainability, plus great food from Velvet Smoke. This event is open to the greater Cincinnati community and will take place rain or shine.
About the Field Station – Dr. David Lentz, A&S
– Learn about the UC Center for Field Studies and why it is important to Greater Cincinnati and beyond.
Recycling – Sascha Dovenbarger ’17 LCOB
– Hear about the affects of recycling from an alumna who works as a business analyst at Rumpke.
Biofuels – Dr. Mingming Lu, CEAS
– Learn how you can help make biofuel from cooking oil and coffee grounds.
Bug Walk – Dr. Josh Benoit, A&S
– Search for insects and learn how they effect the ecosystem.
Creek Walk – Dr. Mike Miller, A&S Emeritus
– Take a hike down the creek to learn about fossils and how they formed. Caution – you might get wet!
Plant Walk – Dr. Theresa Culley, A&S
– Enjoy this walk and pick up some gardening tips as our resident expert shows you native plants.