Clifton Town Meeting (CTM) is your local community council. CTM advocates on behalf of the Clifton community, and your membership entitles you to vote on issues that directly affect our neighborhood. This is particularly important in this time of Shelter in Place and the impact it is having on our community.
Some issues that CTM has recently promoted include:
- Funding $2,000 for Clifton Cares – an initiative to support local restaurants and health care workers impacted by the Shelter in Place order – membership dollars go directly to this.
- Establishment of a new neighborhood school (Clifton Area Neighborhood School)
- Establishment of pilot “Parklet” on Ludlow Avenue during nice weather
- Trialing removal of parking restrictions on Ludlow Avenue to reduce vehicle speeds for safety improvement
- Opening of an art gallery, Off Ludlow Gallery, in the former USPS location on Ormond Avenue
- Replacing worn out benches in the business district.
- Installing a traffic signal and crosswalk on Brookline and Ludlow (at the new library and Burnet Woods entrance)
CTM also sponsors a variety of activities and festivals throughout the year to enrich our community experience. These include the annual Memorial Day Parade & Cookout, Lantern Walk, CliftonFest, Holidays on Ludlow, and our ever popular triennial house tour. Rest assured that when the COVID-19 crisis ends, we will resume our practice of creating opportunities to celebrate our community and socialize in person. We also fund beautification projects such as the flower pots & holiday decorations on Ludlow Avenue; provide communications including the community email list, Clifton Community website and the Clifton Chronicle; and partner with the Clifton Business Association (CBA) to operate the Clifton Plaza.
To provide this important community work, we need your generous support. Membership dues and contributions are tax-deductible and make up the second largest source of income for Clifton Town Meeting (the triennial House Tour is our main fundraiser). Starting or renewing your membership will help us keep Clifton a vibrant, desirable, and fun place to live, work, and play. Memberships received now are good through December 31, 2020.
Click here to submit your application online. If you prefer to mail in your application, you may use this Membership Form. (Eligibility is open to all neighborhood residents, neighborhood property owners, and operators of neighborhood businesses, age 18 years or older). Please join us for our monthly CTM Board meetings held the first Monday of the month, 7 – 9 pm, now streaming live.
Thank you for your support!
CTM Membership Committee